Ruth’s Refuge for Women
God has a special place in His heart for hurting women, and many of those women come to Ruth’s Refuge seeking a new start in life. Ruth’s Refuge is Gateway’s transitional home for women who need a place to heal spiritually and emotionally while getting back on their feet.
It’s beautiful to see Jesus heal a woman’s heart in that special way only He can. At Ruth’s Refuge, our ladies learn structure, responsibility and experience first-hand the transforming love and power of Christ.
Ruth´s Refuge is a transitional program for women seeking restoration back into society. Women here experience the healing love and power of Jesus Christ. The women are encouraged to find jobs or educational advancement. Women are accepted into Ruth´s Refuge on a case-by-case basis. We provide the tools to become self-sufficient and teach the foundational truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His love for us.
Ruth´s Refuge is a safe place. It is a shelter and transitional housing program for single women, 21 years of age or older.
- 4 shelter beds, 8 transitional beds and 1 emergency bed. At capacity we have 13 beds
- A shelter stay can be up to 60 days. Emergency Shelter stay can be up to 30 days. The women must be referred to the program.
- Some of the places we receive referrals from are shelters, transitional housing programs, Alcohol and Drug treatment facilities, hospitals, and other other homeless service providers. If a person becomes employed during this time, they are offered transitional housing to stay which can be up to 9 (nine) months.
- During this time they must budget and save their money.
- During their time with us, they also receive services such as social work, case management and counseling.
- Our women also participate in Life Skills classes and Bible Study, which are presented by volunteers Monday through Saturday, 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Our life skills classes address issues as self-esteem, mental health, money management, budgeting and job readiness.